Congratulations on your decision to move forward in your life journey! The primary navigator is you, but sometimes it can be helpful to have assistance along the way. Most often, the answers to your questions and concerns are within you. However, over time, self doubt can erode one’s confidence in those inner resources. Whether you have had longterm struggles in life, or have suddenly found yourself unable to cope with a crisis, psychotherapy can assist you in strengthening personal skills to make your journey more manageable. The possible benefits vary for each person, but could include improvements in areas such as mood, self esteem, communication, relationships, or work performance.
Kermode Counselling Services are provided by Gail Mukaida RN, who specializes in individual and group psychotherapy for adults. She accepts referrals from Physicians & other Health Professionals for Adult Clients, and in some instances Adolescents with Parental/Guardian Consent. As a Registered Nurse, Gail strives to maintain communication & collaboration with other professionals in the Client’s health care team. The Client may also refer him/herself. This service is in good standing with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta.
Individual Psychotherapy can assist you with improvements in:
- depression, anxiety, addictions & life crises
- coping with unexpected changes or losses, or making personal changes
- relationship difficulties – problems in personal relationships, conflicts at work, communication difficulties
- Nursing related services such as medication monitoring & management; coping with holistic health issues related to chronic illness or pain; assistance navigating the health care system
- Gail is approved to facilitate groups from the Changeways Clinic (located in Vancouver, BC)
- the Changeways Core Program is based on Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy and provides excellent skills in coping with depression. Participant feedback suggests that these coping skills are general life skills that are helpful for anyone.
- the Changeways Relaxation Program is for anxiety & general stress management
- the Changeways Assertiveness Program focuses on communication skills. Improvement in assertive communication often helps to improve self esteem.
- (office) 403-457-4036 confidential voice mail available
- (FAX) 403-457-4063